logo

WikiJuanan: GomelBielorrusia ...

Inicio | Indice De Paginas | Ultimas Modificaciones | Ultimos Commentarios | Usuarios | Registrarse | Conectar:  Contraseña:  

Proyecto TempusBielorrusia

History of Gomel

http://gomel.lk.net/history.html


Founded by a Radimichi tribe many centuries ago, the settlement that would later bear the name Gomel appeared on the right bank of the river Sozh. Abounding in water, the winding river surrounded the settlement on three sides. In the nearby areas, primeval forests, full of deep lakes and boggy swamps, spread for hundreds of kilometers. Countless flocks of birds and a great variety of wild animals inhabited the dense woods. Among them were boars, elks, goats, deer, bears, wolves, lynxes, foxes, and badgers. Lakes and rivers, adorned with reed, were home to an abundant variety of fish, wild geese, ducks, and swans. On the banks, beavers hustled restlessly around the fallen trees... According to ancient chronicles, this is how Gomel and its surroundings appeared several centuries ago.


In those times, the tribe of Radimichi occupied the entire basin of the river Sozh along with the bed of the river Iput'. A tribe of Severyane was located to the East, along the river Desna, Dregovichi lived to the west along rivers Berezina and Pripyat', and Krivichi occupied the northern territory towards the upper portions of the rivers Dnieper and Volga. Historians characterize these and other Slavic tribes as strong, enduring, courageous, tough, and brave peoples. Being stern and fearless warriors, they were also known as kind-hearted, hospitable, cheerful, and generous. Agriculture served as one of their main activities and occupations. They tilled the land and harvested wheat, rye, barley, oats, and peas, developed cattle breeding. Hunting, fishing and collecting honey from the wild bees, as well as crafts and trading, were also popular among Radimichi. Gomel's geographic location was very favorable for the development of trade because the settlement was connected by water with northwestern and southeastern parts of Europe.


Although the exact date of Gomel's founding and the precise origin of the city's name have not been identified, Gomel was first mentioned in the chronicles around the first half of 12th century. As such, Gomel is one of the oldest towns in modern day Belarus. In accordance with recent research that suggests that Gomel was in fact founded in 1142, the city celebrated its 855th anniversary in 1997 with various festivities and special commemorative events.


Gomel's Railroad Station (Zheleznodorozhniy Vokzal)


In the ancient chronicles, Gomel is often mentioned by the names Gomiy, Gom'e, Gom. In the writings of northern Slavs Gomel can be encountered under the names of Gomen, Gomen', Gomin. Some researchers believe that the name Gomiy comes from the words gom', gom, gomon, all of which mean noise, noisy, noise-making in Russian, Belarusian, or Ukranian. The noise is believed to have come from the sounds created by the dense pine forest and a river running beneath it. Other historians suggest that the word gomiy is derived from the name of the first generation of the settlement's inhabitants. Also worthy of notice is the fact that the common root gom is found in many last names of native Gomel residents, for e.g. Gomolka, Gomulka, Gomonyuk, Gomarka, etc. Also, a small river that once ran across today's Lunacharskiy Park, of which only a large ravine and a pond remain, used to be called Gomeyuk. There also exists another version of the name's origin, according to which merchants who came to trade on the banks of Sozh used to loudly call from their ships, announcing the approaching land: “Go-go-go, rebyata, mel'" («Hey-hey-hey, fellows, shoal”).


Icon of St. Nicholas. Early 19th century. From the stocks of the Vetka Museum of folk art.


After being accepted by Kievan Rus' in 988 under Prince Vladimir, Christianity gradually penetrated into the lands of Radimichi as well. Prior to this, Radimichi held pagan beliefs. They prayed and made sacrifices to wooden and stone idols, trees, and birds which they believed had godly qualities. They also deified such natural forces and occurrences as sun, wind, and thunder. Perun, the god of thunder and lightning, was their main god. To this day Gomel and the surrounding areas carry signs of these old pagan beliefs in the names of different locations and villages. In this manner, a small island near the village Kuzminichi is called Perunovskiy. Similarly, the village Volosovichi is believed to have received its name from the name of a pagan god Volos, patron of cattle.


The 11th century was a time of flourishing and greatness for Kievan Russians and for Radimichi, among them, as well. However, it was also a time that marked the beginning of feudalism and decentralization, marked by fierce feudal warfare. As a result of this unrest and Polovtsyan invasions, the areas around the basins of Sozh and Iput' which included Gomel were severely ravaged. Local lords attacked each other, killing peasants, burning their dwellings, and taking away their livestock. As a result, the situation in Gomel decayed and the population witnessed a considerable decrease in size due either to deaths caused by warfare or those taken into captivity. Many inhabitants also chose to relocate to safer places.


The period of feudal warfare was followed by the Tatar Yoke and the crusades of German feudal lords. In the first half of the 14th century, Olgerd, the son of the Lithuanian ruler, Prince Gedymin (who has been called the true founder of the Lithuanian state), subjugated the land of the Chernigiv-Seversk territory which at the moment included Gomel. Soon thereafter, other southwestern Russian lands were also annexed to Lithuania. The following years marked an increasing threat of invasion from German Teutonic knights, and in 1385 Jagiello (Yagailo), Olgerd's son, signed an agreement that would unite Lithuania and Poland. In the decades that followed, as part of the Lithuanian-Polish state, Gomel was passed from the ownership of one prince to another on numerous occasions. Gomel did not experience significant economic development from 14th to 16th centuries, but nevertheless played an important military role, serving as a fortified frontier unit.


After the death of Polish King Casimir (1492), the Polish-Lithuanian state disintegrated into two independent states. Muscovite Prince Ivan III took advantage of this separation to conquer a part of the lands he considered to belong to Russia. At the end of the 15th century, some Belarusian and Ukranian landlords along with their lands and property decided to substitute their service to the Lithunian monarchs for service to Muscovite autocracy. The lands neighboring the basins of rivers Desna and Sozh, which included those of Prince Ivan Mozhaisky along with Gomel, passed to the Russian state. A war began between Lithuania and Russia which lasted from 1500 to 1503. Lithuania was defeated and had to surrender the lands it previously owned, including Gomel, to the Muscovite state. In the mean time, Lithuanian magnates strengthened their ties with Poland, and the nations were united once again. During the years that followed, Gomel was often subjected to various invasions and claims of ownership from Lithuania and the Muscovy state, interchangeably. Unsurprisingly, these factors unfavorably affected the already poor economic condition of Gomel. The town's residents and peasants from neighboring villages sought rescue from raids and attacks by retreating to the forests or leaving for other places. Trade, commerce and crafts suffered as a result as well.


Bazarnaya Street, late 19th – early 20th c.


Only after many years had passed, towards late 16th and early 17th centuries did Gomel begin a period of economic revival. It once again attracted merchants and craftsmen. A number of surrounding villages and settlements in Gomel's vicinity were now considered part of Gomel's district. Among them were Dobrush, Romanovichi, Danilovichi, Demyankovichi, Lagunovichi, Pribytkovichi, Larkovichi, Teremkovichi, Dyatlovichi, Nosovichi, Ust'e, Yurkovichi, Ozarichi, Rylovichi, Sevryuki, Bobovichi, Teleshi, Terenichi, Gubichi, Boduny, Morozovichi, Pereyevichi, Koshelevo, Uvarovichi, Novoselki, and Volotovo.


However, a new war between Poland and Russia ignited in 1654, and its repercussions set back Gomel's development and flourishing one more time. Per an agreement reached in 1667, Gomel again passed under the administration of the Lithuanian-Polish state at that time already called Rzecz Pospolita. The inhabitants of Gomel and the surrounding areas are said to have participated in Cossack insurrections of Bogdan Hmelnitsky and to have joined Peter the Great's efforts in fighting Sweden in the Northern War.


The first break-down of Rzecz Pospolita (which encompassed Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, and parts of Ukraine) occurred in 1772, resulting yet again in Gomel's annexation by Russia. Prior to the annexation (since 1730), Gomel belonged to one of the most powerful Polish magnates – Prince Mikhal Frederic Chartoriski. He collected the profits from his estate but visited it rarely as he occupied a demanding position of the Chancellor of the Great Lithuanian Princedom. His disposition toward Russia was unfavorable, and he was one of the first to recognize the advent of Russification that had begun to spread through Rzecz Pospolita. In his patriotic fervor he urged for the need to exercise caution and to recognize the dooming threat from the East. After Gomel became part of Russia, Chartoriski remained its owner, but not for very long. Naturally, Catherine II did not approve of such anti-Russian attitudes on the part of those who oversaw parts of her empire. She demanded an oath of allegiance from the land governors, and Chartoriski apparently chose not to take one. Gomel soon passed into the hands of the state. Shortly thereafter Catherine presented Gomel to Count Petr Aleksandrovich Rumiantsev in reward for the triumphant role he played in victory over the Turks. Rumiantsev, named Peter in honor of Peter the Great, was among the elite of that age. Known for his military valor and skills, Rumiantsev was recognized as a national hero. Among other gifts the empress generously showered Rumiantsev with were medals, emerald-adorned staff and sword, expensive silverware, paintings, 100,000 roubles to build a mansion in Gomel, and 5,000 serfs.


The building of the new palace to replace the old wooden castle transpired between 1777 and 1782. Rumiantsev was only marginally involved in the process and rarely visited the estate as he had other matters to attend to in the capital and elsewhere. In 1772 Gomel's territory along with other parts of eastern Belarus were annexed by Russia. Three years later, Catherine II handed Gomel with its 5,000 population to field marshal Rumyantsev-Zadunaisky and his estate. Rumyantsev founded Novobelitsa in 1777 across the river from Gomel and moved all state offices and town's court there. In the beginning of 19th century Rumyantsev replaced what was formerly a castle of Polish magnate Prince Mikhal Frederic Chartorisky with a stone palace designed after a plan by architect Rastrelli who authored the plan for the Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg, among other notorious buildings. The field marshal's older son, count Nikolay Rumyantsev, opened a seminary in Gomel in 1815. His younger son, Sergey Rumyantsev having inherited Gomel from Nikolay, was later forced to sell it to the state treasury in order to get out of debt. At the same time the palace was sold to duke Paskevich-Erivansky. It was newly redone and adorned. A four-cornered tower was added to the main structure and was connected to it by a gallery. The park in which the palace was located was also extensively reconstructed.


The Rumyantsev-Paskevich Palace. 1777–1856, architects Ya. Alekseev, K. Blank, J. Clark, A. Idzikovsky, designer V. Vintsenti.


Gomel's appearance changed significantly in late 18th-early 19th century. In place of medieval-style, wooden houses that were susceptible to fires (the occurrence of which was very frequent), stone buildings were erected. The streets were straightened out, educational facilities and a theater were built. In the decades that followed Gomel was rebuilt and restructured many times, and very little remains of the of Classicism-influenced architecture and the overall majestic look Gomel must have exhibited at the turn of the 19th century


The late 18th and early 19th centuries also marked births of several small factories and plants in Gomel. They were founded prior to the abolition of serfdom in Russia (1861) and their owners were likely to have exploited serfs, forcing them to work in very poor conditions while keeping them in full dependence on the owner. The number of various industries continued to grow in subsequent years.


As Gomel and the surrounding regions were part of the Pale of Settlement and some sources indicate that Gomel had a very large Jewish population – as many as twenty thousand people (or 56% of the total population) in the 19th century.


In 1850 Gomel was placed on the route of a high road between Saint Petersburg and Kiev, and was also made part of the telegraph line between Saint Petersburg and Sevastopol.


A massive fire occurred in Gomel in 1856, burning 540 houses and causing other destructive effects.


(While many decisive events took place in Gomel and in Belarus, in general, in the twentieth century, I will stop my narrative here and resume it whenever I obtain objective trustworthy information on true development of Gomel's and Belarus' fate in this century. However, I believe it would be helpful to provide the following several important historical dates.)


In 1917 the Russian tsarist government was overthrown and Lenin's Bolsheviks seized power. Belarus among other territories which would later form the Soviet Union of Socialist Republics was affected.


During the period of World War II the German occupation of Belarus resulted in the deaths of 2.2 million people, the destruction of 209 cities and townships, and 9,200 villages, and immense material losses.


The Jewish population of Gomel comprised about fifty thousand (a third of total population) on the eve of WWII. Some Jewish residents escaped in the early months of the war but those who remained were later confined to ghettos and eventually executed by the Nazis, sufferring the fate of millions of Jews who perished in the Holocaust. (For more information on Gomel's Jewish population and related genealogical research a visit to the corresponding section of Jewish Gen.Org? is a must.)


Due to its proximity to the site of April 26, 1986 nuclear disaster in Chernobyl, Ukraine, Gomel was one of the places most affected by its devastating repercussions.


In 1991 after the disintegration of the Soviet Union, Belarus declared its independence. Recently by an agreement between Russia's Boris Yeltsin and Belarus' Aleksandr Lukashenka, the countries were united.


Traducción de Google

Fundada por una tribu Radimichi hace muchos siglos, el asentamiento inicial, que más tarde llevaría el nombre de Gomel, se situó en la orilla derecha del río Sozh. De abundante caudal, el río rodeaba el asentamiento por tres de sus márgenes. En la zonas cercanas, el bosque ancestral, lleno de profunda lagos y marismas pantanosas que se extendían cientos de kilómetros. Innumerables bandadas de aves y una gran variedad de animales salvajes vivían en el denso bosque. Entre ellos se encontraban los verracos, los renos, cabras, ciervos, osos, lobos, linces, zorros y tejones. Lagos y ríos, adornadas con cañaverales, eran el hogar de una abundante variedad de peces, gansos silvestres, patos y cisnes. En los bancos, los castores se afanaban inquietamente en torno a los caídos de árboles... Según antiguas crónicas, esta es la forma en Gomel y sus alrededores aparecieron hace varios siglos. En aquellos tiempos, la tribu de Radimichi ocupados toda la cuenca del río Sozh junto con el lecho del río Iput. Una tribu de Severyane se encuentra hacia el este, a lo largo del río Desna, Dregovichi vivió hacia el oeste a lo largo de los ríos y Pripyat Berezina ", Krivichi ocupados y el Territorio del Norte hacia la parte superior de los ríos Volga y Dniéper. Historiadores caracterizan a estas y otras tribus eslavas tan fuerte, duradero, valiente, dura, valiente y de los pueblos. Ser valiente popa y guerreros, también se les conoce como bondadoso, hospitalario, alegre y generoso. Agricultura sirvió como una de sus principales actividades y ocupaciones. Ellos cultivaron la tierra y cosecha de trigo, centeno, cebada, avena, guisantes y, desarrollado la cría de ganado. La caza, la pesca y la recolección de la miel de abejas silvestres, así como la artesanía y el comercio, también fueron populares entre los Radimichi. Gomel de la ubicación geográfica es muy favorable para el desarrollo del comercio, porque la solución fue conectado por el agua con el noroeste y el sureste de Europa. <br> <br> Aunque la fecha exacta de los Gomel de la fundación y el origen exacto de la ciudad el nombre no han sido identificados, Gomel se mencionó por primera vez en las crónicas en torno a la primera mitad del siglo 12. Como tal, Gomel es una de las más antiguas ciudades de hoy en día en Bielorrusia. De acuerdo con investigaciones recientes que sugieren que Gomel, de hecho, fue fundada en 1142, la ciudad celebró su 855o aniversario en 1997 con diversos festejos y actos conmemorativos especiales. <br> <br> Gomel de la estación de ferrocarril (Zheleznodorozhniy Vokzal) <br> <br> En las antiguas crónicas, Gomel se menciona a menudo por los nombres Gomiy, Gom'e, Gom. En los escritos de los Gomel eslavos del norte se pueden encontrar bajo los nombres de Gomen, Gomen ', Gomin. Algunos investigadores creen que el nombre Gomiy proviene de las palabras gom ', gom, gomon, que significa ruido, ruido, ruido que en ruso, bielorruso, ucraniano o. El ruido se cree que proceden de los sonidos creados por el denso bosque de pinos y un río que debajo de ella. Otros historiadores indican que gomiy la palabra se deriva del nombre de la primera generación de los habitantes del asentamiento. También es digno de aviso es el hecho de que la raíz común gom se encuentra en muchos apellidos de los Gomel los residentes nativos, para, por ejemplo, Gomolka, Gomulka, Gomonyuk, Gomarka, etc Además, un pequeño río que, una vez que corrió hoy a través de la Lunacharskiy Park, de los cuales sólo un gran barranco y seguir siendo un estanque, se llamaba Gomeyuk. Existe también otra versión del origen del nombre, según el cual los comerciantes que llegaron al comercio en los bancos de Sozh utilizados para llamar en voz alta de sus buques, anunciando la proximidad de la tierra: "Go-go-go, rebyata, Mel '" ( « Hey-hey-hey, becarios, Shoal "). <br> <br> Icono de San Nicolás. A principios del siglo 19. De las existencias de la Vetka Museo de arte popular. <br> <br> Después de haber sido aceptada por Rusia de Kiev en 988 bajo el Príncipe Vladimir, el cristianismo poco a poco penetraron en las tierras de Radimichi como así. Antes de esto, celebrada Radimichi creencias paganas. Ellos oraron e hicieron sacrificios para madera y los ídolos de piedra, árboles y aves que a su juicio había piadosa cualidades. También deificado tales fuerzas naturales y otros acontecimientos como el sol, el viento y el trueno. Perun, el dios del trueno y el relámpago, era su principal dios. Hasta el día de hoy los Gomel y zonas circundantes llevar signos de estas viejas creencias paganas en los nombres de diferentes lugares y aldeas. De esta manera, una pequeña isla cerca de la aldea Kuzminichi se llama Perunovskiy. Del mismo modo, el pueblo Volosovichi se cree que han recibido su nombre del nombre de un dios pagano Volos, patrón de los animales. <br> <br> El siglo 11 fue una época de florecimiento y grandeza de los rusos de Kiev y de Radimichi, entre ellos, también. Sin embargo, también es un tiempo que marcó el comienzo del feudalismo y la descentralización, marcado por una feroz guerra feudal. Como resultado de esta agitación y Polovtsyan invasiones, las zonas que rodean las cuencas de Sozh y Iput ", que se incluye Homiel severamente devastadas. Señores locales atacaron unos a otros, causando la muerte de los campesinos, la quema de sus viviendas, y teniendo fuera su ganado. Como resultado de ello, la situación en Gomel degradado y de la población fue testigo de una considerable disminución en el tamaño debido a las muertes causadas por la guerra o las tomadas en cautiverio. Muchos habitantes también optó por trasladarse a lugares más seguros. <br> <br> El período de la guerra feudal fue seguido por el yugo tártaro y el alemán cruzadas de los señores feudales. En la primera mitad del siglo 14, Olgerd, el hijo del gobernante lituano, el Príncipe Gedymin (que ha sido llamado el verdadero fundador del estado lituano), subyugado la tierra de los Chernigiv-Seversk territorio que en el momento incluido Gomel. Poco después, otras tierras suroeste de Rusia también se anexa a Lituania. El siguiente año marcó una creciente amenaza de la invasión alemana de caballeros Teutónica, y en 1385 Jagiello (Yagailo), el hijo de Olgerd, firmaron un acuerdo que se unen a Lituania y Polonia. En las décadas que siguieron, como parte de la lituano-polaco estado, Gomel se pasó de la propiedad de un príncipe a otro en numerosas ocasiones. Gomel no experiencia importante de desarrollo económico del 14 al 16 siglos, pero, sin embargo, desempeñan un importante papel militar, que actúa como una unidad de frontera fortificada. <br> <br> Después de la muerte del rey polaco Casimir (1492), el polaco-lituano del Estado se desintegró en dos estados independientes. Prince moscovita Ivan III tomó ventaja de esta separación para conquistar una parte de las tierras que pertenecen a Rusia. Al final del siglo 15, algunos de Belarús y Ucrania, junto con los propietarios de sus tierras y la propiedad decidió sustituir su servicio a la Lithunian monarcas para el servicio de la autocracia moscovita. Las tierras vecinas las cuencas de los ríos y Desna Sozh, que incluía los de Prince Ivan Mozhaisky junto con Gomel, pasó a la estatal rusa. La guerra comenzó entre Lituania y Rusia, que duró desde 1500 a 1503. Lituania fue rechazada y tuvo que entregar las tierras que anteriormente de propiedad, incluidos los Gomel, en el estado moscovita. Por el momento, lituano magnates fortalecido sus vínculos con Polonia, y las naciones se unieron una vez más. Durante los años que siguieron, Gomel era con frecuencia objeto de diversas invasiones y las reivindicaciones de la propiedad de Lituania y el estado Muscovy, intercambiable. Como era de esperar, estos factores desfavorablemente afectado a la ya de por sí pobre situación económica de los Gomel. La ciudad y los residentes de campesinos de aldeas vecinas de rescate trató de incursiones y ataques por retirarse a los bosques o que salgan de otros lugares. Comercio, el comercio y la artesanía sufrido como resultado también. <br> <br> Bazarnaya Street, a finales 19 – principios de 20o C. <br> <br> Sólo después de muchos años han pasado, hacia finales 16 y principios de siglos hizo 17a Gomel comenzar un período de reactivación económica. Una vez más, atrajo a los comerciantes y artesanos. Un número de aldeas de los alrededores y los asentamientos en la zona de Gomel se considera ahora parte de los Gomel del distrito. Entre ellos se Dobrush, Romanovichi, Danilovichi, Demyankovichi, Lagunovichi, Pribytkovichi, Larkovichi, Teremkovichi, Dyatlovichi, Nosovichi, Ust'e, Yurkovichi, Ozarichi, Rylovichi, Sevryuki, Bobovichi, Teleshi, Terenichi, Gubichi, Boduny, Morozovichi, Pereyevichi, Koshelevo, Uvarovichi, Novoselki, y Volotovo. <br> <br> Sin embargo, una nueva guerra entre Polonia y Rusia encendió en 1654, y sus repercusiones Gomel retroceder el desarrollo de la floreciente y una vez más. Por un acuerdo alcanzado en 1667, aprobada Gómel de nuevo bajo la administración del lituano-polaco estado en ese momento ya pidió rzecz Pospolita. Los habitantes de los Gomel y las zonas circundantes, según se dice, han participado en las insurrecciones de cosaco Bogdan Hmelnitsky y se han sumado a Pedro el Grande en los esfuerzos de la lucha contra Suecia en la Guerra del Norte. <br> <br> El primer desglose de rzecz Pospolita (que abarca Polonia, Lituania, Bielorrusia, y partes de Ucrania) se produjo en 1772, por lo que una vez más en los Gomel de la anexión por parte de Rusia. Antes de la anexión (desde 1730), Gomel pertenecía a uno de los más poderosos magnates polaco – Mikhal Prince Frederic Chartoriski. Él recogió los beneficios de su finca, pero que rara vez visitados como ocupó una posición exigente de la Canciller de Gran lituano principado. Su disposición hacia Rusia fue desfavorable, y fue uno de los primeros en reconocer el advenimiento de la rusificación que había comenzado a propagarse a través de rzecz Pospolita. En su fervor patriótico que instó a la necesidad de ejercer cautela y dooming reconocer la amenaza del Este. Después de Gomel se convirtió en parte de la Federación de Rusia, Chartoriski sigue siendo su propietario, pero no por mucho tiempo. Naturalmente, Catherine II no aprobar de esa anti-ruso actitudes por parte de los que supervisó las partes de su imperio. Ella exigió un juramento de lealtad de los gobernadores de la tierra, y Chartoriski al parecer optó por no tener una. Gomel pronto pasó a manos del Estado. Poco después, Catherine Gomel presentó al conde Petr Aleksandrovich Rumiantsev en recompensa por la triunfante papel que desempeñó en la victoria sobre los turcos. Rumiantsev, llamado Peter en honor de Pedro el Grande, fue uno de la élite de esa edad. Conocido por su valor militar y las aptitudes, Rumiantsev fue reconocido como un héroe nacional. Entre otros regalos la emperatriz generosamente con la ducha se Rumiantsev medallas, esmeralda-adornado personal y espada, cara de plata, pinturas, 100.000 rublos para construir una mansión en Gomel, siervos y 5000. <br> <br> El edificio del nuevo palacio para sustituir a las antiguas de madera castillo transcurrido entre 1777 y 1782. Rumiantsev fue sólo marginalmente involucrados en el proceso y rara vez visitó la finca como había otros asuntos que atender en la capital y en otros lugares. En 1772 el territorio de Gomel, junto con otras partes del este de Belarús fueron anexadas por Rusia. Tres años más tarde, Catherine II entregó Gomel con su población de 5000 a mariscal de campo Rumyantsev-Zadunaisky y su patrimonio. Rumyantsev Novobelitsa fundada en 1777 al otro lado del río de Gomel y se trasladó de todos los estados y las oficinas del tribunal ciudad allí. En el comienzo del siglo 19 Rumyantsev sustituye lo que antes fue un castillo del magnate polaco Mikhal Prince Frederic Chartorisky con una piedra después de palacio diseñado un plan por el arquitecto Rastrelli Autor: que el plan para el Palacio de Invierno en San Petersburgo, entre otros notorios edificios. El mariscal de campo del hijo mayor, el conde Nikolay Rumyantsev, abrió un seminario en la ciudad Gomel en 1815. Su hijo menor, Sergey Rumyantsev haber heredado de los Gomel Nikolay, más tarde fue obligado a vender a la Tesorería del Estado, a fin de salir de la deuda. Al mismo tiempo, el palacio fue vendido a Paskevich-duque Erivansky. Fue recién rehacer y adornada. A cuatro acorralado torre se añadió a la estructura principal y está conectado a ella por una galería. El parque en el que el palacio se encuentra también fue ampliamente reconstruido. <br> <br> El Rumyantsev-Paskevich Palace. 1777–1856, arquitectos Ya. Alekseev, K. blanco, J. Clark, A. Idzikovsky, diseñador V. Vintsenti. <br> <br> Gomel aparición del cambiado de manera significativa a finales de 18 y comienzos del siglo 19. En lugar de estilo medieval, casas de madera que son susceptibles a los incendios (la ocurrencia de que era muy frecuente), los edificios de piedra fueron erigidas. Las calles fueron enderezados a cabo, las instalaciones educativas y un teatro fueron construidas. En las décadas que siguieron a Gomel fue reconstruido y reestructurado muchas veces, y muy poco queda de clasicismo de la influencia de la arquitectura y el aspecto general majestuoso Gomel deben tener exhibidos en el umbral del siglo 19 <br> <br> El extinto 18 y principios de siglos 19a también los nacimientos de varias pequeñas fábricas y plantas en Gomel. Ellos fueron fundadas antes de la abolición de la servidumbre de la gleba en Rusia (1861) y sus propietarios se puedan tener siervos explotados, lo que obligó a trabajar en muy malas condiciones de mantenimiento, mientras que en su totalidad la dependencia del propietario. El número de diversas industrias seguido creciendo en los años subsiguientes. <br> <br> Como de Gomel y las regiones circundantes son parte de la liquidación de Pale y algunas fuentes indican que los Gomel había una gran población judía – tantos como veinte mil personas (o 56% de la población total) en el siglo 19. <br> <br> En 1850 era de Gomel en la ruta de un camino entre San Petersburgo y Kiev, y también se hizo parte de la línea telegráfica entre San Petersburgo y Sebastopol. <br> <br> Un enorme incendio se produjo en Gomel en 1856, la quema de 540 casas y causando otros efectos destructivos. <br> <br> (Aunque muchos acontecimientos decisivos tuvieron lugar en Gomel en Bielorrusia y, en general, en el siglo XX, voy a dejar aquí mi narración y reanudarla cuando objetivo de obtener información fiable sobre el verdadero desarrollo de los Gomel y Belarús suerte en este siglo. Sin embargo, Creo que sería útil para proporcionar los siguientes importantes fechas históricas.) En 1917 la Rusia zarista fue derrocado gobierno de Lenin y la bolcheviques tomaron el poder. Belarús, entre otros territorios que más tarde forman la Unión Soviética de Repúblicas Socialistas se vio afectada. Durante el período de la Segunda Guerra Mundial la ocupación alemana de Belarús resultó en la muerte de 2,2 millones de personas, la destrucción de 209 ciudades y municipios, aldeas y 9200, y pérdidas materiales inmensas. La población judía de Gomel comprende alrededor de cincuenta mil (un tercio del total de población) en la víspera de la Segunda Guerra Mundial. Algunos residentes judíos escaparon en los primeros meses de la guerra, pero los que permanecieron fueron posteriormente confinados a guetos y, finalmente, ejecutado por los nazis, sufferring la suerte de millones de Judios que perecieron en el Holocausto. (Para más información sobre Gomel de la población judía y las investigaciones genealógicas una visita a la sección correspondiente de judíos Gen.Org?? Es un deber.) Debido a su proximidad al lugar del 26 de abril de 1986 en el desastre nuclear de Chernobyl, Ucrania, Gomel fue uno de los lugares más afectados por sus devastadoras consecuencias. <br> <br> En 1991, después de la desintegración de la Unión Soviética, Bielorrusia declaró su independencia. Recientemente por un acuerdo entre Rusia, Boris Yeltsin y Bielorrusia Aleksandr Lukashenko, los países estaban unidos.

No hay archivos en esta página. [Enseñar archivos/formulario]
No hay comentarios en esta pagina. [Enseñar comentarios/formulario]